Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 ~ A good and bad day...

So, today was a good and bad day. Not that I am complaining because the good totally outweighs the bad though. But the bad is enough to just be annoying.. Lets start off.

Carl was supposed to be at work at 6:00. Yep, he totally did not leave until 6:50, then had a horrible commute in. Lots of traffic due to accidents on other highways, etc etc etc. Gets to work an has a P-O'd boss because he missed what he was supposed to be in early for.. Whoops. Then my ever so loving husband realized he had BOTH Sets of truck keys. Each set has the other persons spare truck key on it so I was trapped in the house with William today, with no way of going grocery shopping... YUCK!

Onto the good... Carl had his review this afternoon. Even after he pissed his boss off, the teleconference turned out to be great. He got a 4.0 out of 5. Most Managers at his level end up with like 3.4/3.6 or something. The highest one can achieve is a 5.0 but that has yet to happen. I am super proud of my husband. He's been in his position since May and he's been doing more work and has done a far better job the most managers in the company who have all been here even longer... That being said... more good news. We were told that his bonus was going to only be based on 65% of his yearly salary due to him starting this job in May. Kind of a bummer but we had gotten used to the idea. Well, during the review, he was told his boss put him in for even more then what he would have made at 100% of his yearly salary (They give out a certain % and then multiply that by his yearly salary... so like 7% of his yearly would be his bonus but we were expecting 7 of 65% of his salary.. does that make sense?). The whole thing has not been approved yet but he was told that things like that usually have no problem being approved because of the excellent amount of work my husband did.... so YAY for us.

Now onto daydreaming about what we are going to do with our bonus $$ and our tax $$. We know we are going to pay off the Durango so we do no have any car payment at all, but we are thinking about trading both trucks in for two new cars... We also want a new sectional couch, a new bed and I want to put a couple hundred away for plane tickets in April. I don't want to get my hopes up that we'll get the higher bonus because I know as soon as i do, for some reason, it wont get approved, but I'm keeping it in the back of my mind..

Oh and for tomorrows news. I have an appointment with a new "Lady bits" doctor. Being new to the area I just went with a big practice that had a well known name. Wish me luck. I NEED to get on a new form of BC and am thinking of heading back to Paraguard. But in order to do that, I need to have my annual check up. UGH! I wish we could just do it all at once.

Well, that's all for now! Join me in a happy dance!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment