Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Was it worth it?

Every once in a while, while I am sitting here in AZ, missing my friends and family back east, I tend to ask myself.... was it worth it?
Was it worth moving 2600 miles away from everything I have ever known my whole life? Was it worth leaving Kaleb and Christian with their father for the year to come out here? The decision was solely put on my shoulders. Carl would never ask me to move 2600 miles away from everything I've ever known.
It's been a bit of a financial burden for me to come here. Not so much moving here but all the money I've spent to go back east when I get sad. I've been home 2 times now and am going again in 2 weeks. For as much as I've gone home you would think that maybe we made the wrong decision.
But then I step out onto my patio off my bedroom and I see this:
Photobucket
Photobucket

The change of scenery is absolutely AMAZING! It's new, its refreshing, its peaceful. So when I sit and wonder if we made the right decision, I just look out my window to the amazing things that I see.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Taken from my favorite Musical Artist: "Life's a journey, not a destination... you just cant tell, just what tomorrow brings"

So while I miss things in New England. My family, my friends, my old house on the lake.. I wouldn't trade what I have for the world. The experience of seeing new things, of meeting new friends and starting a new life.. For now, i'll enjoy this journey and i'll see what tomorrow brings!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset! Will K & C be joining you out there eventually??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am with you. We just moved to AZ from NJ two months ago. It is very hard to leave your life their. We miss it all the time. But we knew we would not be able to own a home and live comfortably financially in NJ. So we took the plunge and moved here. If you ever wanna chat east coast stuff, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand too!!! I miss my family, friends and greenery! lol I miss knowing where everything is and how to get there without getting on the highway. Seems like something small but I def. took a lot of stuff for granted back in NY. I miss the way the houses looked.... but being here, I have sunshine every day and have way more opportunities than I ever thought possible!!!

    ReplyDelete