Monday, November 9, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies, anyone?

Ok, seriously... these are the most delicious things EVER! I have never really been a fan of pumpkin so I was a bit scared when I tried this recipe. Holy crap... i think they should be tried by each and every human on the planet. These things are DELISH!!!

Brownie Batter
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder - I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter
6 oz cream cheese, softened - I used 8oz
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar - I used 1/2 cup
2 tbsp flour - I used 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp
1/2 cup pumpkin puree - I used 2/3 cup
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract - I used 1/3 tsp
1/2 tsp cinnamon - I used 2/3 tsp
1/4 tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves - I used 1/3 tsp

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8" square metal baking pan.

Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and then gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.

Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




I found the recipe on Beantown Bakers Blog. She has a TON of yummy ideas that you should go and check out.

I chilled them overnight before I cut into them and man oh man... I think I am going to have a hard time with my 101 list because I think I gained 10lbs in my left thigh alone, haha! If you make them, please tell me what you think...

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - I NEED to make those! Thanks for the recipe!

    PS -- Happy FMM. That banana bread scent sounds wonderful!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this recipe on Wednesday. It sounds great! It makes the brownies a little healthy with the pumpkin.....doesn't it!?!?!? (:

    ReplyDelete