Monday, November 16, 2009

Friend Makin Monday ~ Favorite Winter Recipe?

YAY! It's Monday again! Now that I am coming down off my high from the Colts somehow pulling off a win in last nights game, I'm ready to blog again! Since it is Monday, I figure a good way to start is to jump on the Friend Makin Mondays bandwagon. Today, Amber {aefilkins} wants to know, what your favorite winter recipe is...

I'll start by saying that Winter is very different here in Arizona. Growing up in New England, winter was ALL ABOUT cooking in the oven. Making your house smell amazing. Im not saying that I dont do that here, but if more people actually saw what we like to cook and how involved it is and how long it cooks for... I'd probably be told I am crazy, haha!

Anyways, Im off track again. I had to think about what one meal is my absolute favorite to make in the winter time. I've decided to go with Chicken Corn Chowder... We had this last week and I could not get over how tasty it came out. Here is the recipe.. Oh yeah, I cook it in a crockpot!

2tbs butter
1 1/2 lbs of Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breast (cut into 1/2 in cubes)
1/2 C. chopped onion
4 celery ribs (sliced up)
4 carrots (diced up)
2 C. frozen corn
2 Cans of cream of potato soup
1 1/2 C. chicken broth
1 tsp. dried dill weed (i use a little more)
1/2 C. half and half (I use a little more then that... probably 3/4 to 1C. Depending on how the soup is looking. I like it thicker.

In large skillet, melt the butter and brown the chicken. When that is done, put it into the crockpot.

Add the onions and celery to the skillet and saute' for 3 or 4 minutes or just until tender.

Add the onions and celery to crockpot along with the carrots, corn, soup, chicken broth and dill.

Cover and cook on low for 5 or 6 hours until chicken is fully done and vegetables are tender.

During the last 10 minutes of cooking, stir in the half and half..

I dont have any pictures of the soup I made. I've just recently started taking pictures of the food I make, but I did not do that the last time I made this dinner. I"ll be sure to take a picture another time and post it up. Maybe i'll make it tomorrow.

Now, I am going to ask you, what is your favorite winter recipe? Happy Eating!!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delish! I'm a northern girl transplanted south, too, and it definitely changes things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Can't wait to try all these recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I love my crockpot and cant wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try this very soon. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great!

    Im an AZ girl too!!!

    ReplyDelete