Friday, October 16, 2009

Day Zero Project

So I've been very interested in reading other peoples blogs lately and noticed that a few girls from the Phoenix Nest board started doing the 101 things in 1001 days blog. This was started a while ago by Triplux. Anyways, before I get too off track, the girls (Julie, Jaye, Kirstin and Shelly) inspired me to create my own list of things to do. So here we go...

The Mission: The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific ( ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 101 Days?: Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

I'm putting my start date as October 16th, 2009 which makes my end date July 13th, 2012.

And here is my list:

Family
1. Bake a cake for each Family Members birthday (0/6)
2. Celebrate each family members birthday on its very own day (0/6)
3. Take a family vacation to Disneyland
4. Make each family member a dinner of their total and complete choice 3 times each (2/18)
5. Buy 30 new books for the kids (2/30)
6. Have a family Yard Sale and donate the money to homeless children in AZ
7. Recycle more as a family
8. Bring in a new family member (a puppy)
9. Get passports for all the boys (0/4)
10. Update my passport
11. Throw a fabulous Halloween party

Financial/Legal
12. Have $1000 in Personal Savings
13. Have $2000 in Personal Savings
14. Pay off our Durango so I can trade it for a new truck
15. Pay off bad debt so we can purchase a house
16. Begin the house buying process
17. Get our Will in order
18. Set up a savings account for all 4 boys here in AZ (0/4)
19. Set up a trust fund for the boys in case something should happen
20. Change our banks over from a NH bank to an AZ bank

Personal
21. Go to individual counseling
22. Go to marriage / family counseling
23. Blog 1 time a week for 143 weeks (3/143)
24. "Follow" at least 20 new bloggers (4/20)
25. Have 30 people follow me (13/30)
26. Forgive 5 people who have hurt me (0/5)
27. Find a church to go to, and get involved in it
28. Volunteer for school events
29. Change my hairstyle... completely
30. Go to bed by 10PM one week a month (0/32)
31. Get a new tattoo
32. Treat myself to 4 spa days (0/4)
33. Get 12 pedicures (0/12)
34. Dye my hair a new fun color
35. Laugh when I feel like crying

Physical
36. Lose 15lbs
37. Lose 30lbs
38. Lose 45lbs
39. Go to the gym 2x week for 8 weeks (0/16)
40. Go for a walk with the boys 1x a week for 20 weeks (2/20)
41. Enforce the No more babies rule by making sure one of us is "fixed"
42. Lose 4 sizes in my jeans (0/4)
43. Tone up my arms
44. Find a doctor here for myself
45. Find out why I have migraines every single day


Household
46. Paint the walls in the boys room
47. Finish unpacking
48. Get some art for the walls
49. Clean the garage out with help of my family
50. Go through all the boys toys and get rid of the ones they don't play with anymore
51. Put our bed up on rails so it doesn't look ghetto in our room.
52. Buy new couches
53. Buy a new bed
54. Turn the empty room into a home gym
55. Replace the ceiling fan in our bedroom
56. Replace the ceiling fan in Wills bedroom

Organizing
57. Buy a file folder for all our bills
58. Get plastic bins for all of our seasonal clothes and put them away
59. Get dresser's for Kaleb and Christian's room
60. Get a bookshelf for all of our books
61. Get a coupon holder and put my coupons in them
62. Clean out the junk drawer

Friendships
63. Make 3 new friends in Arizona (0/3)
64. Talk to my friends back east at least once a week for 143 weeks (3/143)
65. Go to NY over Memorial Day Weekend two times (0/2)
66. Go out to dinner with just the "girls once a month (0/32)
67. Let 3 "friends" go (1/3)"
68. Go out of my way to surprise a friend with something he/she has always wanted
69. Go to Vegas with a group of friends

Travel
70. Go somewhere for a weekend, that we've never gone before (instate)
71. Go somewhere for a weekend that we have not gone before (out of state)
72. Drive to California
73. Drive to Colorado
74. Pay for a friend to come visit me in AZ
75. Take two vacations to New England in 2 years (0/2)
76. Get a new bike and ride it to new places

Food/Cooking
77. Eat at 20 new restaurants (0/20)
78. Create 20 new recipes for the family to enjoy (1/20)
79. Find a food blog every week and post a delish recipe from it on my blog (1/143)
80. Try 20 new foods (1/20)
81. Bake a cake for a friend
82. Bake cookies for a friend
83. Host 5 dinner parties (1/5)
84. Host a murder mystery dinner
85. Get a new "expensive" set of cookware
86. Find a wine I actually like
87. Have a wine tasting party
88. BBQ every night for a week (0/5)
89. Make a meal plan every week (3/143)

Misc
90. Pay for the car behind me in the drive through lane
91. Decorate for the holidays better
92. Adopt a Christmas family
93. Set up a fundraiser for Thanksgiving for a family in need
94. Walk in the breast cancer walk for a cure
95. Tell my husband I love him every day (24/1001)
96. Go see 5 bands live (0/5)
97. See 3 bands that I've never seen before play live (0/3)
98. Don't touch my laptop or cell phone for a week
99. Write on a public restroom wall
100. Thank a soldier for an amazing job that they've done
101. Send a message in a bottle (in the ocean)

BONUS
~Inspire 5 people to make their own list (1/5)

So, that is my list of 101 things to do. I hope that I can get them done. Wish me luck and feel free to follow along in my adventure. I will update this list as often as I accomplish something.

1 comment:

  1. Ok.. I have been planning to make a list for a while now, after reading over yours you have really inspired me again. We have a lot of similar things. Clean junk drawer...organize bills..etc... I'm gonna follow your blog and make a list so you can mark off too things. I also moved away from home and struggle alot with being homesick, but I'm learning to make the best. I also need to buy a new bike, loose weight, take my girls walking etc... Its amazing how "us" moms struggle with the same things. Take care. Tecia

    ReplyDelete